Publicity notification and talk to tracing are two associated but obvious measures many public health authorities are either fascinated with or already imposing.
Contact tracing is a be conscious practically as old as epidemiology itself, but at the present time’s expertise method the strategy that we scramble about tracking the spread of a contagious illness within and between communities is altering very mercurial. This items a possibility for finding out more about the alternatives and challenges offered in extending contact tracing and exposure notification by assignment of digital method.
To that halt, we’re completely happy to be working with the COVID-19 Know-how Assignment Drive, besides to Harvard’s Berkman Klein Middle, NYU’s Alliance for Public Passion Know-how, Betaworks Studios and Hangar. We’ll be playing host on TC to their dwell-streamed discussion around contact tracing and exposure notification capabilities, including demonstrations of about a of the lowering-edge merchandise that shall be on hand within the U.S. to tackle these intriguing, but valuable, tasks. The day’s events will encompass a roundtable discussion followed by a sequence of product demos, and may per chance presumably occur starting up at 11 AM EDT (8 AM PDT) on Wednesday, June 3.
Beneath, we’ve included an agenda of the confirmed audio system and demonstrations for the day in the past. Display that right here’s work in growth, and that more audio system and demos shall be added to the day’s slate as we earn nearer to Wednesday. To RSVP for this free match, take a look at out this hyperlink.
11am-1pm EDT: Roundtable Dialogue – Hear from researchers, healthcare specialists, and technologists, including:
- Andrew McLaughlin is serving to lead the Assignment Drive’s contact tracing/exposure notification initiative. Andrew is the Chairman of Access Now, the ancient Deputy U.S. CTO for the White Dwelling, and the ancient Director of World Public Policy at Google.
- Daniel Burka is heading up the COVID-19 response efforts for Current York Bid thru Resolve to Save Lives, the now not-for-income group led by ancient CDC Director Dr. Tom Frieden.
- Harper Reed is serving to lead the Assignment Drive’s contact tracing/exposure notification initiative. Harper is a Director’s Fellow at the MIT Media Lab, a Senior Fellow at the USC Annenberg Innovation Lab, and used to be the CTO of Barack Obama’s 2012 re-election marketing and marketing campaign.
- Jonathan Jackson is the Founder and CEO at Dimagi, a social endeavor that develops innovative expertise alternatives for frontline workforces and underserved populations. They’ve an intensive background in worldwide health and are a journey-setter in mobile health knowledge sequence.
- Jonathan Zittrain is a professor of legislation and laptop science, and co-founder of Harvard’s Berkman Klein Middle for Cyber net & Society. Jonathan’s work specializes in subjects including withhold a watch on of digital property, privateness frameworks, and the roles of intermediaries in Cyber net architecture.
- Randall Thomas is helping Resolve to Save Lives and other stakeholders with the Current York Bid response to COVID-19. Randall is the CTO of Geometer, a expertise incubator.
1pm-2pm EDT: Contact Tracing/Publicity Notification Product Demos – Leading organizations developing capabilities to mitigate the influence of COVID-19, essentially thru contact tracing and exposure notification, will every demo their product. Teams encompass:
- Covid Tag
- How We Genuinely feel
- COVID Cease to You
We’ll possess a dwell glide on hand on June 3 so it’s most likely you’ll be ready to seem at along, as mentioned, but it’s most likely you’ll be ready to also RSVP right here to register your interest. It desires to be a day filled with involving, knowledgeable discussion of why there’s a must prolong contact tracing and exposure notification thru connected and digital method, besides to the privateness, public health and coverage implications such extension essentially carries with it.